Five Tips to Avoid Facebook Jail

Five Tips to Avoid Facebook Jail



Chances are that if you’re reading this article, you’ve either ended up in Facebook jail or you’re trying to avoid it. You might have ended up in Facebook jail personally or because you’re using Facebook as a platform to run your direct sales business. Regardless on what you’re using Facebook for, we all spend way too much time scrolling our news-feed. So, let me help you stay on Zuckerberg’s good side. Here are five tips to help you avoid Facebook jail.

1. Stop messaging people the same thing.
I get it. You have a message that you need to get out to a lot of people. It could be that you’re holding a surprise birthday party for your significant other, that you’ve joined a direct sales company, or you hate group chat. I get the whole efficient and effective thought process to copy and paste, but friend, you’re about to get yourself marked as a spam-bot.

I’ve gotten really good at telling if a message you’re sending me is personalized or something that you’re copying and pasting to everyone on your contact list. Guess which message I’m more likely to respond to? You got it! The personalized one! Spend the extra time it takes and write a personal message. Whoever you’re writing to will appreciate it, and chances are you’ll have a higher response rate. I’d call that a win, win, friends!

2. Stop sharing corporate images.
Ok, this point is geared towards people using Facebook as a platform to advertise their business. If you aren’t, go ahead and skip this first paragraph. I get it. Those corporate images are BEAUTIFUL! Why wouldn’t they be? They were shot by a professional photographer, edited to look gorgeous, and probably have some well-written text to accompany it. Now, think about this. How many consultants/retailers/distributors does your company have? Imagine if only half of them share that image? That’s a LOT! People will be annoyed by it, so they will start marking it as spam. Facebook takes notice, and then it starts marking all of that graphic as spam. Dang. That backfired on you, right? Do you know how easy it is to create your own graphics? I can usually create a beautiful one in less than 5 minutes. Wanna learn how? HERE is an awesome course you can take on creating your own graphics!

Alright, non-DS friends, let’s talk about some spammy behavior that some businesses try to get you to participate in. How many times do you see a business running a giveaway that requires you to like and share their post to be entered to win? It’s EVERYWHERE! Well, people are marking those as spam. If you’ve shared enough of those in a short amount of time, you could be marked as spam. We are nothing but the sum of our actions, so think about what you’re putting out there.

3. Don’t share a live video literally everywhere.
This tip goes for direct sellers, too. I understand that you get paid when people buy stuff, but sharing your video everything is guaranteed to land your ass in Facebook jail. Friend, you aren’t doing yourself any favors by sharing it everywhere. LuLa-girls, you’re making the quick sale, but what is this doing for your long-term sales strategy? Nothing. I promise you that. Those customers won’t come back to you. Repeat customers drive my business. It’s easier for me that way because they know how I run things

4. Use Facebook’s native scheduler.
Did you know that you can schedule posts on Facebook? Oh hell yes you can!! I use it all the time! Sidenote: I’m really bad at forgetting that I have something scheduled, and then it drops when I’m in the middle of something. Like I’ll be live and surprise! A post shows up on the wall! Umm how do I do that? It’s the scheduler!
I use the scheduler so that I don’t have to worry about completing an action too quickly and ending up in jail. I use it in a party format in my DS because how terrible would it be if I disappeared mid-party?! You bet I’d be saying a lot of 4-letter words over here at the Zarda Zoo! So, I use Facebook’s scheduler because of that and because it doesn’t say that it was posted by a third party. It makes me look like I’m actively doing something when we all know it isn’t realistic to be everywhere all the time. The magical Facebook scheduler helps me solve this problem!

5. Stop doing any action repeatedly and excessively.
There are many, many businesses that ask you to do something spammy to push their business forward. I urge you to not participate in those behaviors for your own sake. Why? Because you don’t want to end up in Facebook jail! I recently saw a game (or engagement post for you DS ladies) that was like an online version of Duck, Duck, Goose. You comment duck as many times as you want on a post and whoever has the last duck before the consultant says Goose wins a prize. NOOOOOOO!!!!! Commenting the same thing over and over again triggers something in Facebook’s monitoring computer that you’re going to the spammy side and you’ll be thrown in jail.

To sum up all of these tips, don’t be spammy. I know it’s easy to get excited and want to share info, but if you boil down each of these issues, spammy behavior is the root issue. Facebook is trying hard to be a place where people go to for entertainment. Spammy behavior doesn’t jive with these beliefs, so it’s working on suppressing these behaviors. Now, please know that this list of my top five tips is not all-inclusive. Facebook is always changing things up, so it’s very possible that things will change in the future. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Pinterest Pins for your Direct Sales Business

Canadian Vendors Wanted

Pinterest Basics